Discover Retail Limited (company number 5441867) is committed to protecting the privacy of users of our website.
We aim to provide a safe and secure user experience. We will ensure that the information you submit to us via our website or through any other communication is only used for the purposes set out in this policy.
The Information We Collect and How We Use It
Discover Retail Limited will collect your personal details, including but not limited to your name and contact details (together with your e-mail address) and other relevant information from your CV. On occasions this may also include – sensitive personal information such as details of criminal convictions and ethnic origin. The personal data and sensitive personal data will be stored, processed, used and disclosed by us in the following ways:
- To provide Discover Retail Limited recruitment services to you and to facilitate the recruitment process.
- To maintain a professional and business relationship, where you are a user of our website as a candidate or client.
- To enable you to submit your CV for job applications, to apply for specific jobs, to register on the Discover Retail database allowing Discover Retail Limited to contact you with suitable employment opportunities.
- To enable you to subscribe to Discover Retail Limited Job / vacancy alerts.
- To enable an employee of Discover Retail Limited to contact you to discuss and assess live vacancies or other services that we deem may be useful to you.
- To enable Discover Retail Limited to communicate your personal information (including sensitive personal information) to clients in order to apply for jobs or to assess your eligibility for jobs.
- To enable you to submit your CV, apply online for jobs or to subscribe to alerts about jobs we think may be of interest to you.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so.
- To improve our customer service and to make our services more valuable to you (including tailoring our website when you log on to enrich your personal online experience)
- To communicate /send you our full products and services, advise you of news and industry updates, events, promotions and competitions, reports, client events and general information about the industry sectors. Where you have consented to being contacted for such purposes. Where we do so, you will be able to unsubscribe from such communications.
- To market our, full range of recruitment services to you (permanent, contract, outplacement and recruitment process outsourcing services).
- To answer your questions and enquiries.
- To fulfil contractual obligations with our clients.
- To trusted third parties where we have retained them to provide services that you or our clients have requested, such as reference, qualification and criminal reference checking services (as required), verification of the details you have provided from third party sources, psychometric evaluations or skills tests.
- Discover Retail Limited may also release personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, required by law to disclose it in connection with the detection of crime, the collection of taxes or duties, in order to comply with any applicable law or order of a court of competent jurisdiction, or in connection with legal proceedings.
- To regulatory or law enforcement agencies if we believe in good faith that we are to use your information on an anonymised basis to monitor compliance with our equal opportunities policy.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us. From time to time we may seek your consent to process, use or disclose your information for any other purpose not listed above.
- We reserve the right to transfer your information to a third party You will be notified in the event of any such transfer and you will be afforded an opportunity to opt-out.
Holding your Information
- You may request us to confirm what information we hold about you at any time and may request us to modify, update or delete such information. We may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request. We will seek to act on your request in the timescale required by applicable data protection laws.
- You may request to unsubscribe from job alerts and marketing material at any time. If you wish to contact us with respect to the above matters please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are required by law to hold your information for as long as is necessary to comply with our statutory and contractual obligations and in accordance with our legitimate interests as a data controller.
- We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that your Personal Data is maintained and up to date. However, you are under a duty to inform us of any and all changes to your Personal Data to ensure that it is up to date and we will update or delete your Personal Data accordingly.
- Your information is held on servers hosted by us or our Internet Services Provider. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
- We also collect information about the way jobseekers and visitors use this website in order to improve our services. We do not use information gained in this manner in a way that any individual can be identified, and will use it to understand our users better, and to determine aggregate trends, most popular pages, etc, for all the website’s users. We may share this kind of aggregate data with selected third parties to assist with these purposes where you have consented to this. We may also undertake marketing profiling to help us identify services or jobs which may be of interest to you.